Home » writing » A to Z Challenge » Reflecting the Positives in Me – #AtoZchallenge – Q is for…

Reflecting the Positives in Me – #AtoZchallenge – Q is for…

I don't quit!

I don’t quit!
Or rather, I try, really hard! 😀

While there have been long dry spells in some things, I really don’t quit anything I set out to do. The only thing I remember that I truly quit was when I was 5 and my parents stuck me in ballet. We rehearsed and by recital time came along and I couldn’t wear a tutu, well…I said I didn’t want to do ballet anymore. 🙂

There have been many instances where I’ve pushed things off to the side for a while…sometimes a real long while. But eventually I come back to them. I realized this when I remembered my dream of being a published author. 20 years I had forgotten. But I came back to it. I’m in a holding pattern again, but I’m constantly thinking about it. I just need to get back to it. There needs to be more hours in a day!

And when it comes to love and family and friends, I never give up!

LadyJai

10 Comments

1. Comment by S. Katherine Anthony:

Nobody loves a quitter, eh? Seriously, we have to keep on going and keep determination alive. Otherwise regret will consume us.
    I have to come back and stalk your A to Z more, I like your positive little sayings and your ongoing smile in the pics. When the busyness is over with, I’ll be back. It’s been tough as you very well know! lol
    S. Katherine Anthony recently posted…A to Z Challenge—S.K.-isms! R is for . . .My Profile

2. Comment by Diane Jortner:

It took me 16 year to graduate college.. mostly one class at a time. Just keep moving forward, that is all that matters. Thanks for posting on my blog goo
    Diane Jortner recently posted…S is for “Gone for a Soldier” Cover Reveal and Author interview with Marsha WardMy Profile

3. Comment by Felicity Writing Away:

I can relate about the pushing things out of sight for a while (a long while). That’s not the same as quitting.

My grandfather used to sing us a song called “Do what you do, do well, Boy. Do what you do, do well!” That we were girls made no difference, it’s the lifeskill that counts. :)

I popped over from AZ and happy I did.

Felicity Writing Away recently posted…QuandaryMy Profile

4. Comment by Patricia Lynne:

You quit ballet????? I wanted to do that sooooooooo bad, but never got to. I’m jealous. 😉

5. Comment by Penny:

Hi human, Lady Jai,

That’s the spirit, my human friend. The passions drives you forward and dreams become realities when you don’t quit.

Nice one, kind human.

Pawsitive wishes,

Penny, the friendly host of the Alphabark Challenge! 🙂
    Penny recently posted…The Alphabark Challenge, 2014! 14 To 26!My Profile

6. Comment by Crystal Collier:

*high five* I think I’ve blogged three times already this year about people I admire for their determination. If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing. Period.

True Heroes from A to Z
    Crystal Collier recently posted…True Heroes A to Z: Yes, I do have a Q!My Profile

7. Comment by Cindy Amrhein:

Good to never give up. Some things take time. I can relate right now doing the same thing for a month trying to get my ebook I’m making work right. Now its the principal of the thing.
    Cindy Amrhein recently posted…Q is for QUACKENBUSHMy Profile

8. Comment by Angela Brown:

Keeping a mind to never quit is a worthy pursuit 🙂
    Angela Brown recently posted…My Writing ProcessMy Profile

9. Comment by Michelle Wallace:

I read this on somebody’s blog – Quitters never win and winners never quit!
    To the point.
    Michelle Wallace recently posted…P is for Pop-Up BookMy Profile

10. Comment by Holli:

I’m telling you, try that Seinfeld Productivity thing. It works!

Not quitting is a character attribute to be proud of.
    Holli recently posted…P is for PerfectMy Profile