Home » writing » #writemotivation » #AtoZchallenge — H is for Help — #WriteMotivation

#AtoZchallenge — H is for Help — #WriteMotivation

Helping others helps you

I couldn’t decide on which positive words I should choose for this one, so I wrote them all down. And, remember, Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, it’s knowing when you need help so you can build yourself stronger. Zig Ziglar also said, “You can achieve anything you want if you help enough people get what they want.” I hope I can help someone with my positive words. (A few months back I wrote about asking for help. Read more.)

If you need more Motivation/Positive Post-It Notes, please feel free to click away!

A is for Attitude
B is for Believe
C is for Cheering
D is for Don’t Quit!
E is for Encourage
F is for Find the Positive
G is for Go! Go! Go!
H is for Help

LadyJai

21 Comments

1. Ping from #AtoZchallenge — X is for ____ — #WriteMotivation « WriteBackwards:

[…] Cheering D is for Don’t Quit! E is for Encourage F is for Find the Positive G is for Go! Go! Go! H is for Help I is for Inspiration J is for Just Do It! K is for Keep Going L is for Learn M is for Make the […]

2. Ping from #AtoZchallenge — T is for Think — #WriteMotivation « WriteBackwards:

3. Ping from #AtoZchallenge — M is for Make the first Move — #WriteMotivation « WriteBackwards:

[…] Cheering D is for Don’t Quit! E is for Encourage F is for Find the Positive G is for Go! Go! Go! H is for Help I is for Inspiration J is for Just Do It! K is for Keep Going L is for […]

4. Comment by Sheethal Susan Jacob:

I loved that note on Help! 🙂

-Fellow blogger from A to Z!

5. Comment by Suzy:

Every word true. Great advice.

6. Comment by Joyce:

I can see why you had trouble deciding. They are all great thoughts!

7. Comment by Patricia (@patricialynne07):

Great tip here. I always struggle to ask others for help, not wanting to be a bother. >.o

8. Comment by Grace Grits & Gardening:

I love all your motivational tips. As I writer, I often need them!

9. Comment by Kathy:

I love you post it note inspiration. Some people, like myself, would rather die than ask for help even though they desperately need it. They hope that people will just “know” they need it and offer a hand.

Kathy

10. Comment by Marie:

I like your motivational post-it notes!

11. Comment by KT Did:

So true about helping others. Without helping others we can’t help ourselves.

Life’s Ride As I See It

12. Comment by Barbara White Daille:

This is like four motivators in one. Or five, since it’s written on my favorite color sticky note. And I mean that sincerely. Colors can make a difference–to me, anyhow.

All good advice here. I think many of us struggle with the last point.

Thanks!

Barbara
    H is for Habits
    The Daille-y News

13. Comment by Corinne Rodrigues:

I like the last point and so agree that it is not weakness to ask for help! 🙂

14. Comment by moondustwriter:

Your A to Z notes are creative as well as good reminders – each.
    I agree about help. Help others and when you have a need ask (that is not easy for many to do)
    Good reminder

15. Comment by Linda Ann - Nickers and Ink:

Love this encouraging series concept!
    Stopping in from the Meme Express. (Doing EIGHT BLOGS for the A-Z Challenge and tryin gto catch up on comments. 😉

16. Comment by Images By Duffee:

I love helping others when I can. Such a wise post!! 🙂

Cheers, Jenn

17. Comment by Joe Owens:

I love helping others. It seems such a great way to improve my own life. WHen i concentrate on another that allows me to increase my happiness and take away the feeling their place in the world is a bit better.

18. Comment by Sandy:

Thanks for popping back in, back and forth dialogue is import. Helping others, a very good topic. I think if everyone helped at least one person a day in some way, the world would be a better place. I’m interested though the people you mentioned getting “hand outs”, do you not feel they are asking for help?

With your various positive message type posts, thought I’d mention you might enjoy cruising my blog (not in a-z) Bridge and Beyond. It’s, my blog dedicated to helping homeless.

Totally off both topics, how did you get your neat signature in your blog?

• Comment by LadyJai:

The “LadyJai” is just an image I insert into the post. As for those asking for “handouts” as asking for help, I don’t mind helping those who truly need it and then help themselves do better. Welfare wasn’t designed to be a career. What I object to are those who expect a handout because they feel like they are owed something because they don’t want to take responsibility for their actions. Those who blame everyone and everything on their predicament and not try to better their situation, those who demand/expect money from others, those are people who aren’t asking for help, but mooching off others.

19. Comment by itsjennythewren:

Thankyou for this reminder as when i ask for help i feel like i shouldnt be writing!

20. Comment by Angela Brown:

That last one about not being weak when asking for help should be televised. So many people, myself included at times, misconstrue the two. In truth, it is wiser to ask for help when needed before the help needed becomes such a huge task to fulfill.